Fellow blogger On Becoming Myself, was so kind as to nominate me for a Liebster Award (an award for new bloggers) and I appreciate her thinking of me! Here are the rules associated with the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
I’m afraid, however, that I’m not the best nominee as my travels make the time I spend on the internet extremely limited and my blogging irregular; it’s been weeks since her nomination with no response from me (sorry!). Not to mention, I don’t spend any time reading other blogs, so I don’t know of any other bloggers to pass the award onto, which I feel like is the whole point :/. Still, On Becoming Myself included me so I will take the time to answer the questions she has so nicely posed to me:
- Give one word to describe you: I’m aware this is probably a cop out, but I’m going to say ‘traveler’.
- What is your favorite fruit? That’s an easy one; Mango!
- Do you believe in magic? I don’t believe in the magic that magicians perform, but I do believe that there are many indescribable moments in life that can seem magical.
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert and why? I am a classic introvert. Many people think this means your shy, but it just means that you turn inward for comfort and to recharge your batteries. Like most introverts, I like to be social, but find it sometimes tiring and often look forward to alone time to relax.
- Are you afraid of dying? I haven’t thought about it much, but I’m going to say no. I am afraid of dying with regrets, however.
- What did you do yesterday? Yesterday I woke up early for the sunrise with two friends. After the sun came all the way up, we went for cinnamon buns and tea and headed to the beach for the day. We left the sand long enough for curried chicken and ice cream at lunch. Afterwards we returned to the beach until after dark, had a few happy hour drinks, listened to some live reggae and tried breadfruit chips. Eventually we made our way to a yard barbecue where they were cooking up chicken sloppy joes and fried chocolate chip cookie dough. Too full to stay awake we headed to bed. Yesterday was a good day.
- Do you still write letters? (the kind you put in an envelope, put a stamp on, and drop in the mail). Do postcards count? I send those.
- Why do you blog? When I first started it was to hold me accountable to my dream. Plus I love to write. Now, I blog to let my family and friends know what I’m up to and in hopes of inspiring someone to travel. It’s also nice to have a catalog of my adventures for myself.
- If your blog had a soundtrack, what would be the opening song? This answer may change with time but right now I think it would be One Republic’s I Lived.
- What is your favorite inspirational quote? I don’t really have one. But at the moment anything that talks about taking risks and trying to discover the world resonates with me.